Wednesday 18 December 2013

New Author, Different Aspirations

Hi readers, I am the new author to this blog, but I have been really busy with various school commitments since the start of my holidays. As such I would like to apologise for my delayed first post. Through this blog, I am going to pen down my whole journey as a story on how I am going make my mark into the public sector, and also educate myself and my readers, on some of my ups and downs that I encountered in order to achieve my dreams.

Many people have questioned why I wanted to work in the public sector instead of private sector. I have been advised by several peers around me that in order to excel in the public sector, one has to hold a scholarship, or else their future will not be as glamorous. As I am not a holder of any scholarships, I am compelled to prove my critics wrong, mainly due to the fact that I hold a strong desire in policy making, and I personally feel that every individual can, and will be able to contribute in one way or another, into the public sector, and to help in building a better nation together. 

I feel that the first step to achieving my dreams of working in the public sector would be to build up my resume*. I have actively participated in many school committees and have been progressively building up many new experiences along the way. Juggling extra-curricula activities concurrently with the already heavy school work is by no means an easy feat, however, I am a firm believer that all these experiences will eventually pay off when I step into the workforce in future, hence resulting in my strong motivation to press on despite all the difficulties that I have encountered along the way.

In my next few posts, I am going to share some of the experiences I went through during some of the interviews I attended in the public sectors, including scholarship interviews as well as job and internship interviews. Not all of these interviews I attended resulted in successes, but despite failures in some of the most major interviews, I managed to leverage on these experiences to learn from my mistakes and improve myself further.

Watch this space readers, another exciting journey of a young man is going to unfold...

*It is important to note that building a resume is critical no matter where you are working at, since it is the first impression that you are going to make to your future employer, and having a good resume will help you stand out from the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment